Do I have a case of wrongful termination, falsifying documents, and age discrimnatin?

Houston, TX |

I was hired at a Company I won't say the name right now on 01/03/13 and let go 01/23/13. On the Paper i signed it clearly stated the reasoning as other i was in shock so i just signed and left very upset cause I loved the job. Later that day I recieved an email with a copy of my Term form and it said Specific notes: subsequent to 30 day review, employee is incompatible with position, I was only there for 14 work days how is that a 30 day review? I believe that is wrongful termination and falsifying documents? Also almost all my co-workers including my boss gave me hard time because im 24 and look very young that i couldnt do the job and needed to go back to school is that age discrimination?

Disappointing? Yes.
Unlawful? No, not on these facts.
You are presumed to be at-will employee and can be fired for any reason that is not discriminatory or against a state or federal law.
Young people have no protection for "young age" discrimination -- only us old farts over 40 are protected.

David Mallen

David A. Mallen offers answers on Avvo for general information only. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially. Many experienced California labor and employment attorneys, including David A. Mallen offer no-risk legal consultations to employers and employees at no charge. David A. Mallen is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, as well as the California Labor Commissioner and the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board. Failure to take legal action within the time periods prescribed by law could result in the loss of important legal rights and remedies.

You also indicated that you signed a document at the time of separation. it is possible you signed a release at that time. I concur that nothing indicates that you have any form of claim against them. Wishing you better luck in your next position.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes