DO I HAVE A CASE OF MEDICAL MALPRACTICE OR WRONGFUL DEATH? THEY CAME TO GET HER BY WHEELCHAIR,SHE CODED AND SHE DIED!

MY WIFE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 5 DAYS , SHE WAS SCHEDULED 4 SURGERY 4 A FIBROID TUMOR IN HER UTERUS . ON THE 2 DAY IN THE HOSPITAL , THEY INSERTED A PICA LINE IN HER GROIN . AFTER ABOUT 24 HOURS , SHE STARTED COMPLAINING ABOUT LEG PAIN OF WHERE THE CENTRAL LINE WAS . . . THE NURSES KEPT GIVING HER DEMEROL FOR PAIN . SHE WAS SCHEDULED 4 SURGERY ON THE 6TH DAY , BUT ON THE 5TH DAY , THAT MORNING , BLOOD BEGIN RUNNING OUT OF THE CENTRAL LINE , ABOUT 3 HOURS LATER , THE DOCTOR REMOVED THE CENTRAL LINE , HER LEG WAS SWOLLEN , HEAVY , TIGHT AND NUMB , SHE HAD NO FEELING IN THAT LEG , THE DOCTOR TOLD HER NOT 2 GET UP OUT OF BED UNTIL HE GET AN ULTRASOUND DONE ON THAT LEG , I ASKED HIM WHAT HE THOUGHT IT WAS , HE SAID HE THOUGHT SHE HAD A BLOOD CLOT . SO THE NURSE CAME 2 GET BY WHEELCHAIR , WHEN CONT'D ABOVE

Ruston, LA -

Tiffany Dianne Garland

Tiffany Dianne Garland

Personal Injury Lawyer - Metairie, LA

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. To determine whether you have a medical malpractice case, your case, including the medical and hospital records, need to be reviewed by a medical malpractice attorney. If the attorney chooses to accept your case, he or she, will then send the case to the medical review panel of Louisiana, which is required for any case claiming medical malpractice or wrongful death by medical malpractice. Many attorneys offer no charge consultations, so I would recommend finding a medical malpractice attorney in your area that offers such consultations and having a consultation as soon as possible.

Richard Thomas Gallagher Jr.

Richard Thomas Gallagher Jr.

Medical Malpractice Attorney

I am so sorry for this awful situation. It sounds like your wife may have suffered a pulmonary embolism, or a blood clot that formed near the PIC line and traveled to her lungs. This is a situation that really depends on certain details in the medical records. I cannot even guess as to whether this might be malpractice without seeing the records. Things to look for would be whether studies were done to check her clotting, what she complained about to nurses after the PIC line was placed, and what the nurses recorded they saw.
If you would like to talk with me about your case, call my assistant, Megan, at 504-887-2220. I handle cases all over the state and have a number in North Louisiana. Be sure to mention AVVO.
Richard Gallagher

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

I'm sorry to learn of your loss. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Related Advice