Do I have a case if family dr. prescribed a medicine that interacted with another medicine and caused a very toxic condition?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sandy Level, VA

This interaction between the 2 meds. landed me in the Emergency Room twice and I was admitted once and had to have two blood transfusions due to anemia and other cytopenias caused by this interaction. Family dr. knew I was taking the other medicine IMURAN and should NEVER have prescribed the other medicine (ALLOPURINOL). My hemoglobin went from a normal near 14 to a very dangerous low of 7.6. Also my pharmacist should have caught this.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Have a local lawyer order the medical records to investigate.

  2. Robert Dean

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You may have a case. The first step is to speak with a Henry County medical malpractice lawyer. Our firm is based in Roanoke and we can perform a free investigation on your behalf. Feel free to call us at (540) 985-0098.

  3. George Costas Andriotis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult with a medical malpractice attorney to review the medical records and advise you accordingly m

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,798 answers this week

3,063 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,798 answers this week

3,063 attorneys answering