Do I have a case for permant demage to my body, emotional distress,

Asked over 4 years ago - New Haven, CT

Hi,
Frist thank you for opportunity to be able to ask this question. When I was a young teenager I contracted a STD. I went to a local hospital for treament, a womasn center. The treament consisted of burning the STD off with an acid. During this procedure, she dropped the acid on my vagina. I suffered horriable burns from this. Which has left. Perm discoloration. I did not go back to the hospital out of embarrasment. I did go to my ob GYN , who recommended me. My question is do I have any legal ramifications from this? It happened round ten yrs ago.

1. Answered . You may have a case.

However, if this occurred in CT, where you have posted the question from, the statute of limitations from, the statute of limitations is only two years. This means that you can only file a case within two years after the negligence occurred. However, in your case, since this happened when you were a minor, the statute did not start to run until the date on which you turned the age of majority in CT. So, you would have two years after that.

Without any delay at all, find an experienced medical malpractice attorney in your area either through the AVVO search or through the American Association for Justice.

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided in an office consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies.