Do I have a case for malpractice or failure to diagnose?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I was referred to a specialist for work on my knee. I was unable to make an appointment with the doctor and saw her PA. Another PA intern gave the first shot and after I was in an enormous amount of pain. I complained continuously about the pain. For my third visit I was to see the doctor but she only sent a substitute with out explanation. I never met the doctor and she never called me although I experienced tremendous pain under treatment by her underlings. Finally, I went to another doctor. It appeared I had tendinitis in that leg and probably should not have had those shots. After extensive therapy, I am now able to walk without pain. Can I sue this physician for failure to diagnose? I never expected not to see or hear from this doctor at any time during my treatment.

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . You need evidence of damages for a tort lawsuit. You don't reveal much. See a lawyer

2. George Costas Andriotis

3

Answered . Lack of damages is a major issue for your potential claim but great news for you as you appear to be fully recovered.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Matthew Louis Solomon

Pro

3

Answered . The question is more if you received improper treatment. Contact a local chicago medical malpractice attorney.

Pro

3

Answered . Without damages, a lawsuit would likely cost more than could be recovered, however, call a local malpractice lawyer to discuss in detail.