Do I have a case for malpractice or failure to diagnose?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

I was referred to a specialist for work on my knee. I was unable to make an appointment with the doctor and saw her PA. Another PA intern gave the first shot and after I was in an enormous amount of pain. I complained continuously about the pain. For my third visit I was to see the doctor but she only sent a substitute with out explanation. I never met the doctor and she never called me although I experienced tremendous pain under treatment by her underlings. Finally, I went to another doctor. It appeared I had tendinitis in that leg and probably should not have had those shots. After extensive therapy, I am now able to walk without pain. Can I sue this physician for failure to diagnose? I never expected not to see or hear from this doctor at any time during my treatment.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need evidence of damages for a tort lawsuit. You don't reveal much. See a lawyer

  2. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Lack of damages is a major issue for your potential claim but great news for you as you appear to be fully recovered.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at
  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The question is more if you received improper treatment. Contact a local chicago medical malpractice attorney.

    Contact me for further detailed questions and answers. 215-561-0877 DISCLAIMER: Matthew Solomon is licensed to... more
  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Without damages, a lawsuit would likely cost more than could be recovered, however, call a local malpractice lawyer to discuss in detail.

Related Topics

Medical malpractice

Medical malpractice occurs when a medical professional's negligence causes injury to a patient. Incorrect actions and inaction can both be forms of negligence.

Jonathan Michael Rolnick

Medical Malpractice Case

There is an expectation when we see a physician or go to the hospital that a certain "reasonable" standard of care will be provided. In most cases, this is exactly what happens. There are... more

Pain and suffering for personal injury

Pain and suffering refers to physical and mental trauma caused by an injury, and is often a significant component of non-economic damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,792 answers this week

3,722 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,792 answers this week

3,722 attorneys answering