Do I have a case for Libel and defamation?

Covington, KY |

My husband had an affair with a woman that worked in the same school he did. Afterwords, she was harassing me telling me to leave my husband. I said nothing back to her because I was applying to work in the same district as an assistant Principal or Principal. She filed a grievance against my husband as she said she would do if I didnt leave him but everything in the grievance was about me and was false. She had previously told the district office that she was afraid of me because of the affair so they banned me from the district (eliminating my chance for more interviews and getting hired.) The 9 page statement with all the false infor was sent to the Educational Profesional Standards Board about my husband, but had mostly info about me.There is more, it wont fit.

Best to get an administrative law attorney to investigate

Extremely doubtful. However, talk with a local attorney to review your documents and give you their impression.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice. Mr. Leroi answers questions on Avvo because he strongly believes in public service from his years as a judge, magistrate, and prosecutor. If you need to ask any follow up questions because my answer did not fully address your question, feel free to call Chris or post an additional question. Thank you.

I dont understand. Her lies have totally ruined my chances of working in district, ruined my reputation, and now will challenge my credibility with the governing body over my profession. She put the lies in writing (libel) and they took her word for it and banned me from the district. How is that NOT DEFAMATION?

You can sue, but will you win and how much is greatly open.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.