Do I have a case for dental malpractice?

Asked over 1 year ago - Levittown, PA

Been seeing a specialty dentist who was suppose to be fixing some bad dental work that was done by another dentist . It's been 2 1 / 2 years and he has made the problem worse . My bite is disrupted causing TMJ issues that are causing neck pain , severe headaches and a lot pain in my jaw . Did not have this problem at the start . He's been drilling adjustments on my molars all this time which is what made things worse and he refuses to fix what really needs to be done . He didn't tell me that until after the dental office was paid . I was recently told that I have lot of decay on two of my other teeth , they needed crowns on them . Went to another dentist , had second x - ray and found there wasn't anything wrong with them . He made up a problem just to do unnecessary dental work for the money .

Pro

6

Answered . A local dental malpractice lawyer can review the records and evaluate. I'm sorry, but my firm does not handle dental malpractice. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Joyce J. Sweinberg

Pro

5

Answered . The only way that a claim can be made is to have an expert evaluate the treatment and provide an opinion that the work done was below the standard of care. Another threshold is whether the damages rise to a level that justify the expense involved in pursuing this type of case. Most of us, myself included, provide free consultations. More information than what you provide here is needed.

3. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

4

Answered . As others have stated you need an attorney who understands dental malpractice cases and how to assess standard of care violations if any exist. Be aware though that all states require you to bring your claim within a prescribed time window otherwise you forfeit it. So see an attorney asap!