Do I have a case for a consumer fraud?

San Leandro, CA |

I am the victim described in this article published in Bay Area Times newspaper recently:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_21173854/how-did-toll-brothers-survive-housing-slump-by?source=most_emailed

The U.S.Bank approval letter that was provided by the builder was a fictitious letter for which I have written evidence.

I would like to find out if any Real Estate or Consumer Fraud attorney is willing to look into my case on a contingency basis. Thanks.

1. It appears from the link you provided that your specific claims have been resolved by arbitration (albeit unfavorably to you). As you may know, it can be very very difficult to obtain a court order to set aside an arbitration result. That bar is very high and pertains mostly to the conduct of the arbitrator, not the underlying merits of the claim.

It also appears that there is an on-going class action and that you would be a member of the represented class but for the arbitration result.

Given these legal proceedings, there is strong doubt that you have the legal right to initiate a new action and proceed to attempt an award for damages. It may be that counsel in one of the actions currently pending against this defendant could best and most economically assist you.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.