Do i have a case and how can i get contingency lawyer

Phoenix, AZ |

I was fired from my job i believe for having a open workers comp claim i understand AZ being a at will state but is this legal

1. Take up Attorney Weekly’s offer and talk with him

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

2. It would be illegal, in any state, to fire you because you had an open Worker's Compensation claim. That would be a form of retaliatory discharge /wrongful discharge which would certainly be actionable. Still, the fact that you have an open Worker's Compensation claim does not protect you from being fired.

You would need to prove that your filing for Worker's Compensation benefits was the reason for your dismissal. This is often very difficult to do. You should arrange to consult a local employment attorney as soon as possible to investigate whether you have a viable claim.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by clicking the up icon. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Candiano is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Links: ccandiano@themargolisfirm.com http://www.themargolisfirm.com

3. I am a worker's comp and employment law attorney in Arizona. ARS 23-1501 prohibits an employer from terminating an employee for filing a worker's comp claim. Feel free to contact me on both issues. Thanks.

4. I am interested in discussing your matter with you. Please contact me at 602-343-1492.