Do i have a case and how can i get contingency lawyer

Asked almost 2 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

I was fired from my job i believe for having a open workers comp claim i understand AZ being a at will state but is this legal

1. Matthew Craig Fendon

4

Answered . I am a worker's comp and employment law attorney in Arizona. ARS 23-1501 prohibits an employer from terminating an employee for filing a worker's comp claim. Feel free to contact me on both issues. Thanks.

2. Jonathan Hauer

2

Answered . I am interested in discussing your matter with you. Please contact me at 602-343-1492.

3. David J. McCormick

2

Answered . Take up Attorney Weekly’s offer and talk with him

4. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

2

Answered . It would be illegal, in any state, to fire you because you had an open Worker's Compensation claim. That would be a form of retaliatory discharge /wrongful discharge which would certainly be actionable. Still, the fact that you have an open Worker's Compensation claim does not protect you from being fired.

You would need to prove that your filing for Worker's Compensation benefits was the reason for your dismissal. This is often very difficult to do. You should arrange to consult a local employment attorney as soon as possible to investigate whether you have a viable claim.

One or more answers have been taken down.