Do I have a case against this driver? Motorcycle/vehicle accident in GA.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Columbus, GA

I was involved in an accident this morning in which a vehicle in the right hand lane making a right hand turn swerved into the left hand lane in front of me (making a "wide" turn, I suppose) and though I tried to stop, I hit the left side of their rear bumper with my motorcycle. The driver claims he did not drift into the left lane at all. A witness said that while she did not see the accident (she was traveling two cars behind me- the car behind me at time of accident did not remain at the scene), she knows I was in the left lane and not going fast prior to the accident. There was no damage to the vehicle I hit (only a few marks on the plastic of the bumper), but approx. $1500 in damage to my bike. Police did not issue any tickets or place fault on either party at the scene.

1. Jonathan P. Sexton

Pro

10

Answered . That is certainly a tough case. You didn't mention any injury and if you only have property damage, you will probably not be able to find an attorney to assist you. I would suggest if you believe that you were not at fault and if you don't have insurance to pay your property damage that you bring suit in the magistrate court in the county in which the other driver lives.

2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

10

Answered . Report the incident to your insurance carrier. Give them all of the information, including witness names and phone #s. Let your insurance company deal with the other driver's insurance company.

3. David J. McCormick

8

Answered . Report the crash to your insurance company and given them the name of the witness. This is a hard case.

Pro

8

Answered . Simply report the accident to your insurance company, and they will resolve this.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  5. Kevin Coluccio

7

Answered . Yes you have a possible case, but, proving is could be difficult. It will be your word against the other driver's word. You should report the incident to your carrier and to the other driver's carrier stating your case.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with the responding attorneys. You should report this incident to your insurance carrier. I hope that you found my response helpful.