Do I have a case against the Mirena makers?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Richmond, VA

I have had the Mirena for about 3 1/2 yrs. In May 2012 I went to the doctors for heavy discharge that was not normal for me and the test results came back as (PID) Pelvic inflammatory disease. Do you think that need to call a lawyer?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert Frank Melton II

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . PID is one of the serious side effects reported from the use of a Mirena IUD. You should definitely contact an attorney to have your case reviewed. There may be some critical time limitations that apply to the specific facts of your case. Please let us know if you need any help.

  2. James Lawrence Magazine

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Robert search the "Find a Lawyer" section in Avvo to find a qualified attorney near you.

    Jim Magazine

  3. Robert Dean

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . The above attorneys are correct: you should speak with a medical malpractice attorney in Virginia about your case.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,879 answers this week

3,082 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,879 answers this week

3,082 attorneys answering