Skip to main content

Do I have a case? Is it worth the time to pursue?

Austin, TX |

My job is retaliating against me after filing and OSHA complaint. My wages were cut by 50%-60%, forced me to sign a paper stating a job title change by threatens with disciplinary action, they are now looking for any reason to suspend me to force me to quit, I tried to ask for copies of suspension notices and they wouldn't give me copies and law enforcement was called.

I have already filed a retaliation complaint against them.

Under the whistleblower protection act I should be protected against things like this?

What I want to know is if its worth the time to pursue a case against them for lost wages and possibly mental distress since I am being heavily mistreated by them?

Attorney Answers 4


It definitely sounds like you have a case of illegal retaliation.

Here is some more information from OSHA about whistleblower protections:

You should speak with an employment attorney in your area with experience handling whistleblower claims. The attorney will be able to tell you what type of damages you may be able to receive based on the more specific details of your employment and harassment.

You can search for an attorney on Avvo.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Based on the facts you described, it is worth your time to talk to an employment lawyer in your area.

Questions and answers to questions on this website are not privileged or confidential communications, do not constitute legal advice and do not create an attorney client relationship. My responses are intended only to help point you in the right direction so you can ask an attorney of your own choice for legal advice. You should not try to handle legal matters on your own or based upon advice from a website. If you have a real legal problem, you need to hire an attorney.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You should talk to a local employment lawyer. Use the "Find a Lawyer" tab above. They will help you evaluate your claim.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Yes, you definitely need to talk to an employment lawyer in Austin about your situation.

Mark as helpful

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics