Do I have a case? Is it worth the time to pursue?

Asked 5 months ago - Austin, TX

My job is retaliating against me after filing and OSHA complaint. My wages were cut by 50%-60%, forced me to sign a paper stating a job title change by threatens with disciplinary action, they are now looking for any reason to suspend me to force me to quit, I tried to ask for copies of suspension notices and they wouldn't give me copies and law enforcement was called.

I have already filed a retaliation complaint against them.

Under the whistleblower protection act I should be protected against things like this?

What I want to know is if its worth the time to pursue a case against them for lost wages and possibly mental distress since I am being heavily mistreated by them?

1. Russell Manning

Pro

2

Answered . Based on the facts you described, it is worth your time to talk to an employment lawyer in your area.

2. Mark Allen Land

1

Answered . You should talk to a local employment lawyer. Use the "Find a Lawyer" tab above. They will help you evaluate your claim.

3. Adam Kielich

Answered . Yes, you definitely need to talk to an employment lawyer in Austin about your situation.

4. Meghan Hayes Slack

1

Answered . It definitely sounds like you have a case of illegal retaliation.

Here is some more information from OSHA about whistleblower protections:

https://www.osha.gov/OshDoc/data_General_Facts/...

You should speak with an employment attorney in your area with experience handling whistleblower claims. The attorney will be able to tell you what type of damages you may be able to receive based on the more specific details of your employment and harassment.

You can search for an attorney on Avvo.