Do I have a case? can i get a doctor for neglect ?

Adrian, MI |

I had surgery 2.5 yrs ago on my left leg and ankle (multiple breaks) and have had problems and pain since, and the way he handled the post surgery was by far the worst I have ever been treated by a professional, was told he need me to stay in a cast for a few extra weeks cause it didn't seem to be healing right. and when time came to get the cast off he found out that I had lost my insurance due to job loss due to the injury he sent me myself fresh out of the cast to the pharmacy down the street to get my own brace but told me to come back to his office and not leave, he didn't take follow up xrays to see if it heald right, he didn't do follow up care, he basically said oh you lost your insurance see ya later, also he lost a case about a year ago for almost the same situation as mine.

1. 2 yr statute of limitations in your state for starters

2. Consult with a local medical malpractice attorney, he can advise you if you have a case and/or if there are any problems with the statute of limitations in your state. If you continually treated with him for the same problems that would probably extend your time to commence an action. But do not waste any more time before meeting with an attorney. This may be a claim worth pursuing.

3. Contact a local medical malpractice attorney.