Do I have a case?? And how much longer should we wait before considering a lawyer?

Baltimore, MD |
Filed under: Employment

Hello
I have a quick question.. me and a friend wer working for a temp agency for 3months, they recently laid us off on november 15th on a Monday. Its now december the 1st and we still haven't got paid for that one day. Everytime her or I call its always an exscuse like there giving us the run around..
So I want to know much longer should we wait to receive payment from one day of work..?
And or should we just file a suit against them for not paying us??
Please help us

You should contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Your former employer is required to pay you within the pay cycle following your termination. Failure to pay wages that are due may subject the employer to treble damages and attorneys fees.

You should file a complaint with the Maryland Dept. of Labor, Wage and Hour Division, which will contact your former employer and investigate why they haven't paid you.