Do I have a case: high risk maternity patient twin delivery at 25.5 weeks lived 5 days before passing placenta left inside

Asked almost 2 years ago - Anaheim, CA

admitted at 21 weeks for strict bed rest. was on 24/7 monitoring due to pre term labor. was moved from the labor floor to post partum floor due to an influx of laboring patients. no monitoring on post partum floor. i told the nurse i was contracting, she gave me procardia and then left. no doctor checked me, i continued to contract and eventually was seen the next day and was rushed into c-section. our twins were delivered at 25.5 weeks and died 5 short days later. I am not back to work since struggling with PTSD, post partum depression and severe anxiety. Also continued to have heavy bleeding and it was found two months after delivery due to illness and anemia along with the bleeding that placenta was retained. had to have D&C to remove it.
any insight would be wonderful.
Thank you

1. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

9

Answered . The field of obstetrics is often one in which malpractice claims arise.. Many things an, and do, go wrong with pregnancies. Sometimes these things are avoidable, and if so, a claim for medical malpractice may be appropriate. Finding that a placenta remained two months after a C section would be one situation that leads this attorney/physician to suspect malpractice. However, the medical records would need to be reviewed. Fortunately, many of us medical malpractice lawyer types offer free consultations, so anyone who suspects he or she is a victim of medical malpractice should obtain legal advice, and quickly as there are strict time limits on medical malpractice.

-Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

2. Sean Michael Patrick

8

Answered . I am very sorry to hear about your loss. You may have a viable claim. You really need to have a detailed conversation with a medical malpractice attorney, as well as possibly having your medical records reviewed. Generally you only have a limited time to file your claim, so please do not delay in finding someone to help you. Best of luck. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pro

9

Answered . I'm sorry to hear about this. A local med mal lawyer would need to order your records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

3

Answered . I am terribly sorry for your suffering. You should contact a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible to address your legal needs. One of closest colleagues, Mr. Martin Weniz, is an experienced medical malpractice attorney that may be able to work with you on your case. He is talented attorney with over 40 years of experience under his belt. You can reach him at his office at: (310) 268-5555 or through his Avvo profile. Best of Luck.

One or more answers have been taken down.