Do I hav a claim if I was unjured at a nursing home. helping my mother get to and from the bathroom. My neck,shoulder was hurt

Ballwin, MO |

I was helping my mother into the wheel chair and then lifting her onto commode and then back to bed I hurt my neck/shoulder while doing this 3 separate times. The call button was pushed and an aid cameand said she would be back but never came. The second time that day the call button was pushed and they took too long so I helped her again to bathroom. While I was getting he into wheel chair and aid came in and walk out with out helping. Now I am in so much pain and no health insurance Thx

I did speak to aid about this and I was told that this wasnt what they do there and that most of their patients were basically self sufficient and just there to rehab But when I told the administrator about this she said that was not correct an that they were responsible for thpatients getting to the bathroom One of the aids were wrote up. I went to the facility later and wrote out an injury report. I was told the report was sent to their corporate office and that someone would be in touch but I hav not heard anything and when I call no one returns my calls

I am sorry to hear of your situation. This should not happen since the NH should have enough staff, yet they will probably say they are not responsible for an act you take upon yourself. You could report the incident and see if there is coverage call Med Pay to assist with your medical bills.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.

See if they have Med Pay.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

My opinion is you undertook to help her, so it is your problem. You should have gone looking for the staff when they didnt come when called or as promised. When the staff came in the 2d time, you should have told him/her to please take over for what you were doing.

I don't believe so

Recommended articles about Personal injury