Do i got to bring this to the NYS dep. of labor?

I got asked by my manager at dunkin donuts if i could start working the night shift. Sunday through Thursday night, 40 hours a week. One of the first things i asked her was ...will i get a night time pay differential? i was told yes so i agreed to work night shift. Now, this had to be more then 6 months ago and i haven't seen a single dime. its really irritation because ive asked about 3-4 times since and have been told that yes ill have a raise, each of those times. Tonight, im thinking about calling it quits but first wanted to see if i can find any legal advice about this because i have heard many different things about how its not legal for this to be happening.

Albany, NY -

Eric Edward Rothstein

Eric Edward Rothstein

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

Do you have any proof they offered the differential?

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Do you have anything in writing regarding night differential? You may want to seek a job that will make you happy.

Arthur H. Forman

Arthur H. Forman

Employment / Labor Attorney - Flushing, NY

Refuse to go to work, but let your boss know why. It's unlikely, but he may finally come up with some cash. Most likely, he will deny that anything definite was promised. So, don't start working until you have the full amount of what you want in your hand.