Do I file with the SOS my LLC out of DE for a services provided business operating in CA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Yuba City, CA

I am unclear about the filing/registering with the CA SOS and a LLC out of DE. The business address is in CA & all services provided from the business are in CA.

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

4

1

Answered . Yes. See the forms under Foreign Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) at

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/be/forms.htm#llc

2. Andrew Kevin Jacobson

Pro

3

1

Answered . It sure sounds like you are doing business in California, so you will need to register as a "foreign" LLC (foreign here meaning out-of-state).

3. Dana Howard Shultz

2

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

You may find the post at the link below helpful.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Evelyn Susan Ginossi

Answered . Yes, you will need to qualify the Delaware company to do business in California. In order to do this, you will need to file the correct form with the filing fee, along with a Certificate of Good Standing, which you'll need to order first from the Delaware Secretary of State.

This is the form you'll need to file: http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/llc/forms/llc-5.pdf