Do I file with the SOS my LLC out of DE for a services provided business operating in CA?

Yuba City, CA |
Filed under: Starting an LLC

I am unclear about the filing/registering with the CA SOS and a LLC out of DE. The business address is in CA & all services provided from the business are in CA.

1. It sure sounds like you are doing business in California, so you will need to register as a "foreign" LLC (foreign here meaning out-of-state).

www.bayoaklaw.com. 510-208-5500. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. It is not legal advice, because it is only of a general nature. Please contact a lawyer qualified in your jurisdiction to discuss your situation in confidence, using your factual details. Avvo answers are only general legal responses. Item 9 of Avvo.com's Terms and Conditions are incorporated in this disclaimer as though it were printed here.

2. Yes. See the forms under Foreign Limited Liability Companies (LLCs) at

http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/be/forms.htm#llc

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

You may find the post at the link below helpful.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

4. Yes, you will need to qualify the Delaware company to do business in California. In order to do this, you will need to file the correct form with the filing fee, along with a Certificate of Good Standing, which you'll need to order first from the Delaware Secretary of State.

This is the form you'll need to file: http://www.sos.ca.gov/business/llc/forms/llc-5.pdf

Business topics