Do I file a motion for exemption for each account or declare all funds together in one motion? Do I include future income?

Asked over 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

Four of my bank accounts have been garnished together. I have bi-monthly child support payments deposited into one of my accounts. A payment is due to be deposited in the next two weeks. I am filing a motion for exemption but am not sure what dollar amount I should list for the exemption.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Diana Carolina Valle

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Before I answer your question I would need some more information. Does the Maryland Child Support Enforcement deposit this into your account? If so, have you contacted them? Feel free to give me a call if you still need assistance with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,918 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,918 answers this week

3,007 attorneys answering