Do I file a Disclosure Statement in Cook County Domestic Relations?

Chicago, IL |

I was court ordered to provide a Disclosure Statement to my ex-husband and the judge. Do I need to file this document at the Daley Center as well, or simply provide copies to my ex and the judge?

Do not file a disclosure statement unless ordered to do so. Be prepared to present it to the judge and tender a copy to your ex or if he is represented, to the attorney.

Judy Goldstein is correct that they are not filed. I am curious as to what is going on in court though. Sometimes people want to avoid the cost of an attorney thinking their matter is very simple. However, it has the potential to lead to a less than desired result. I'd be happy to talk to you at no charge and no obligation. Even if we do not speak, I highly recommend you speak to a family attorney.
Good luck,
Jene't

You should get yourself an experienced family law attorney, you don't file a disclosure statement unless requested to do so by the court, if you do, make sure it is prepared correctly and that you have a copy to give to your ex-spouse's lawyer or if they are not represented, directly to them. Good Luck.

Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. No attorney-client privilege is created by this communication. Attorney is licensed in California only.

Gary L. Schlesinger

Gary L. Schlesinger

an ex souse is not a them. nor a their. an ex is usually singular unless one has more than one ex.

Constantine D. Buzunis

Constantine D. Buzunis

spouse is not spelled souse, is that a grub or a drunkard?

Gary L. Schlesinger

Gary L. Schlesinger

sorry. it is a typographical error cause by typing too quickly. i am glad that you have time and interest to monitor an illinois divorce question site.

Constantine D. Buzunis

Constantine D. Buzunis

I am also admitted in Michigan, have a large network of attorneys, and often refer many different types of cases across the country, including divorce cases in Illinois. Thank you for your concern Mr. Schlesinger.

DO NOT FILE THE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT. Just provide the copies and you can file that you complied with the Cook County rule to do so. You really should consider hiring an attorney to represent you in this matter.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.