Do I apply for the DREAM ACT if I came to the US on July 16 2007?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Clarita, CA

I came here one day after the requirement. Is there anything I can do?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . No

2. Tara Patricia Degn Kalar

3

Answered . The DREAM Act as I think you are envisioning has not been passed through Congress. Generally, DREAM Acts that are currently in effect are state-wide versions that deal with tuition and financial aid for immigrants.

I think what you are looking for is consideration for deferred action. This status was created as an off-shoot of the national DREAM Act. You may request consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals if you:

Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
    *Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
    *Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
    *Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
    *Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
    *Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
    *Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.

I would need more information to make an assessment of your situation. You should consult an immigration attorney.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Please see the answer to your other question.

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . More facts needed. Do consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney for assistance.