Do I, as the defendant, have to go to my pretrial conference with my lawyer?

Asked over 5 years ago - Bowling Green, OH

My pre-trial is tomorrow and I'm not exactly sure what it is or what I do. What can I expect? (it's a criminal case for a 1st/2nd degree misdemeanor. 1st/2nd meaning, it's in between a 1st and a 2nd degree misde. in this county because it's common.)

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . Why don't you ask your lawyer? In CA a pretrial conference is a last chance to try to resolve a misdemeanor case. Your presence is required because if the DA offers a plea only you can accept it not your lawyer. OH procedure may differ so talk to your lawyer.

2. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . This is a perfect question to ask your lawyer. You can ask and make sure you understand the answer as your lawyer describes it to you.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

Good luck to you.