Skip to main content

Do Fare Evasion charges appear in criminal record.

New York, NY |

I have paid fare evasion fine in a court.

Attorney Answers 3


If it was the final charge you pled or were found guilty of--yes.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Was this a $100 fine paid to the Transit Bureau Adjudication Bureau? If YES, it is civil, not criminal.
If it was something else, it depends on what exactly you plead guilty to.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Sounds like you may have pled "guilty" to a violation, which is not a misdemeanor and not a felony but has its own category and is a non-criminal disposition. If you had gotten an adjournment contemplating dismissal there would be no surcharge and no need for a plea.
Also, why don't you contact your attorney on this?

Law Office Of Michael Marley
Phone 917 853 4484

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics