Do Fare Evasion charges appear in criminal record.

New York, NY |

I have paid fare evasion fine in a court.

If it was the final charge you pled or were found guilty of--yes.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Was this a $100 fine paid to the Transit Bureau Adjudication Bureau? If YES, it is civil, not criminal.
If it was something else, it depends on what exactly you plead guilty to.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Sounds like you may have pled "guilty" to a violation, which is not a misdemeanor and not a felony but has its own category and is a non-criminal disposition. If you had gotten an adjournment contemplating dismissal there would be no surcharge and no need for a plea.
Also, why don't you contact your attorney on this?

Law Office Of Michael Marley
Phone 917 853 4484