DO EVERYONE GET A CHANCE TO APPEAL IN THE DENIAL LETTER FOR MARRIAGE BASED GREEN CARD?

Asked 10 months ago - Saint Cloud, MN

I checked online and i saw my case was denied for I-485 marriage based after an interview where i told a lie to the officer about being enrolled in school meanwhile i was not and lost my status ever since i got here as an F1 student. I currently have no status can i be granted an appeal? I was made so sign a document with my wife stating she has to take care of me for ten years and we left

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

1

Answered . There is no appeal for adjustment of status denial. You can refile or file a motion to reopen.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . Relax! No need for such melodrama. Your situation is still salvageable. Just bring yourself to open your purse and spend some money on an immigration attorney. He or she will know what to do to rectify the situation and get you your green card, something which you have done from the beginning.

3. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

4

Answered . Yes in theory but I would not do anything without the assistance of an immigration attorney at this point. As you yourself can see, having filed this and gone to the interview without an attorney's advice has not gone well for you. This situation is not hopeless. DO talk to an immigration attorney.

4. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

4

Answered . Adjustment of Status is a discretionary action. There is no appeal unless there was an error of law or abuse of discretion. You can still process your immigration through the Am Consulate in your home country, but you have other problems. If you lied under oath, you may be guilty of perjury or visa fraud, which are both crimes of moral turpitude. You will need to file and have a waiver granted; it is available based on a showing of extreme hardship to your spouse. The services of an experienced immigration lawyer are indispensable.

5. Tricia Dwyer

1

Answered . It appears the matters you describe are discretionary in nature. You should confer with an attorney with no delay: She/he will assist you and advise you.