Do elementary report cards need to be translated for filing the consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals?

Concord, CA |
Filed under: Deferred action

I plan to send my student record to file form I-821-D, I started studying in 4th grade here in the US...my 4th and 5th grade are in Spanish, do those have to be translated as well, even though the district has them in Spanish and when requesting an official record the district will keep them in Spanish since they are originally in Spanish ..

1. All documents submitted to USCIS that are not in English must include an English translation done and certified by an independent third party.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. Exactly so. I agree with my esteemed colleague.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Don't make an application difficult for an immigration officer. Translate it and file your application through an attorney to ensure there are no issues.

Best of luck,

Sanjay A. Paul, Esq.
    (888) 373-2602
    www.dreamlawca.com

This is not legal advice. No attorney client relationship exists between us.