Do attorneys have certain doctors they prefer to use because they have accounts with them and can pay them after the settlement?

Atlanta, GA |

I was involved in a head on collision where the other drive crossed the center line of the roadway. I had Liability insurance but none for uninsured motoirist, nor do I have any personal health insurance

I also suffered spinal and neck injuries that are being taken care of by a chiropracter. The most damaging one (and the one that initiated this inquiry) is to my knee.It has a dislocated knee cap and torn cartledge, and is going to require surgery

You ask a very important question, but part of the premise is far-fetched. The idea that attorneys somehow "have accounts" with doctos is a foreign concept to me. Do personal injury attorneys "use" certain health care providers because those healt care providers are plaintiff friendly? Absolutely. Do plaintiff's attorneys use certain health care providers when their clients have no insurance because those providers will work on a lien (meaning they will treat the patient with a promise in writing that they will get paid later when the claim or lawsuit settles), absolutely.

If you are in a lace where you don't insurance to cover your medical needs, contact an experienced local personal injury attorney who "works with liens" for health care.

Those are important buzz words for you.

Best of luck and heal quickly!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights. Legislation may have recently been adopted that changes the law in this area.

You need to speak with a personal injury attorney who can discuss whether you have a claim and how best to go about getting proper medical treatment.

The answer given is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

Attorneys don't have accounts with certain doctors, but they can have working relationships with medical providers that treat on a lien basis. What that means is, such medical providers will treat the client/patient on agreement that they will be compensated out of the client/patient's personal injury recovery.

I'm sorry to hear about your serious injuries.

This website contains general information about legal matters. The information provided by Jacob Regar is not legal advice, and should not be treated as such. The legal information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Jacob Regar makes no representations or warranties in relation to the legal information on this website. You must not rely on the information on this website (including Jacob Regar’s response to your question) as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. No attorney-client relationship is created through the exchange of information on this website. If you have any specific questions about any legal matter you should consult your attorney or other professional legal services provider. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on this website.

Some doctors will treat patients on a "lien." This means that the doctor will treat you and perform surgery even if you can't afford to pay him right away. When you settle your case, you would be required to re-pay the doctor out of the settlement.

There are also lending companies that will pay for the cost of your medical treatment and surgery. You would be required to pay them back out of any verdict or settlement. However, these can involve very high interest rates, so beware.

A local personal injury attorney will know which doctors and lending companies work with people in situations like yours.