Do attorneys' take slander/libel cases on contingency basis against a business such as a Bingo Hall. I have documented proof of

Asked over 5 years ago - Palmdale, CA

Slander and Libel, Contingency basis, with documented proof of such actions (court docs and players attending the Bingo Hall) This has injured my character and reputation and has caused me great embarassment.

1. S Edmond ElDabe

Answered . Some attorneys may take this case on contingency, depending on the size of the damages and the strength of the case.

Contingency fees mean that an attorney does not charge clients anything unless and until there is a recovery for the client. In this way, attorneys share the risk with the client that there may be no recovery on the case. Also, the way a contingency fee contract is set up puts the incentive on the lawyer to get as much as possible for the client.

2. Kenneth Lewis Swenson

Answered . Unless you have a very strong case and have sufferred substantial damages, you will probably have some difficulty finding an attorney willing to take a defamation case like this one on a contingency fee basis.

3. Angelo Felice Campano

Answered . If an attorney takes your particular case on contingency basis will depend on the type of case you have and the strength of your potential case. Contact an attorney who handles defamation (personal injury cases) and ask for a consultation to at least see if your claim is worth pursuing. Do not wait because there is only so much time to make a claim such as yours. And, if you wait too long, you may end up not having the abiliity to file a lawsuit.