Skip to main content

Do Attorney's Still Fight For Injured Workers, Should I seek new counsel?

Santa Maria, CA |

Psyche claim was accepted in 2004 along with injured body parts, some how the CA comingled claims and discovered they made a mistake by allowing me to see a psychiatrist. CA denied payment for psychiatrist starting in Jan 2012, and my attorney said he "was on the case". To this date, I have not seen my psychiatrist and attorney promised we would go before a judge in March 2012, than it moves to April, June, July, August. Now the lawyer wont' return phone calls or letters I have sent him.

No offer as ever been made to settle my claim, and I have no idea where it currently stands. Should I worry a year has almost passed and we have not been before a judge? Is it normal to no keep a client updated every three to five years? Should I seek a new attorney to help me?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You should make a 15-20 minute appointment to see your Attorney. Write down all your questions so you get them answered at the same time. If you cannot get an Appointment within 30 days, you should consider getting another Attorney.

    We give free general concepts to be helpful, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.

  2. I concur with Mr.Corson. Youmustaddresss the issues withyour present counsel. Good luck.

  3. You need to schedule a fact to face meeting with your attorney ASAP to ask him/her these same questions. As stated, if you cannot get the appointment scheduled soon then it may be wise to start looking for a new attorney.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Personal injury topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics