Do Attorney's Still Fight For Injured Workers, Should I seek new counsel?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Maria, CA

Psyche claim was accepted in 2004 along with injured body parts, some how the CA comingled claims and discovered they made a mistake by allowing me to see a psychiatrist. CA denied payment for psychiatrist starting in Jan 2012, and my attorney said he "was on the case". To this date, I have not seen my psychiatrist and attorney promised we would go before a judge in March 2012, than it moves to April, June, July, August. Now the lawyer wont' return phone calls or letters I have sent him.

No offer as ever been made to settle my claim, and I have no idea where it currently stands. Should I worry a year has almost passed and we have not been before a judge? Is it normal to no keep a client updated every three to five years? Should I seek a new attorney to help me?

1. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

5

2

Best Answer

Answered . You should make a 15-20 minute appointment to see your Attorney. Write down all your questions so you get them answered at the same time. If you cannot get an Appointment within 30 days, you should consider getting another Attorney.

2. Shawn Michael Haggerty

4

1

Answered . I concur with Mr.Corson. Youmustaddresss the issues withyour present counsel. Good luck.

3. David J. McCormick

5

1

Answered . You need to schedule a fact to face meeting with your attorney ASAP to ask him/her these same questions. As stated, if you cannot get the appointment scheduled soon then it may be wise to start looking for a new attorney.