Do all Wisconsin circuit court judges have probate jurisdiction? I am not looking for out of state generalizations. Thank you.

De Pere, WI |

Yes. All Wisconsin Circuit Court Judges handle probate matters in their respective counties. There is no additional "level" of judge that handles probate matters.

Not sure what else you could be asking, but if you are having problems with a probate matter, you should consult with an attorney.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

Yes, as a circuit court judge, all Wisconsin judges have the authority to preside over probate matters. However, especially in Milwaukee County, some judges are specialized in different areas of the law, like juvenile matters, criminal matters, probate and guardianships, etc.

Certain circuit court commissioners can do many tasks in probate and other matters, and some may be limited to probate only by their county.

I am not your lawyer. Any advice given through the Avvo site is for hypothetical purposes only, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. The advice is without warranty and you should not rely on this advice without consulting a Wisconsin attorney directly who knows the particulars of your case.