Do all VAWA applicants have to prove hardship, or only those who actually are facing deportation?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I read the instructions for I-360, for people who want to apply as VAWA spouses. But I am confused. Even though I might not facing deportation, do I still have to show extreme hardship if, hypothetically, I were to be deported? Or must I show only if I truly am facing deportation? Thanks.

1. 4

Answered . All

2. Answered . Showing of extreme hardship is necessary only for those who are in removal proceedings and are applying for VAWA cancellation of removal.

3. Answered . An I-360 should not require proof of hardship.