Do all felons have to register in Florida

Orlando, FL |

I was convicted of a class F felony in Ny back in Aug. 2001, it was grand larceny and criminal possession of a forged instrument. I was released with merits and good time by the Governor of Ny and completed my parole in 2007 with no violations, which is almost impossible to do as it seems they just look for ways to put you back in prison. Any way, I received all of my rights back from the state of Ny, such as voting privileges. I moved to Fl not to long ago and was reading through here and see people saying they have to register if they have a felony. Is that all felonies or just certain ones?

1. All felons must register in the county in which they reside.

2. Unless you have had your civil rights restored you must register as a felon. It appears you are saying New York restored your rights. If that is the case I believe Florida would honor that restoration. You should consult with an attorney before relying on his answer to be sure you don't have to register.

3. All felons must register, but if Mr. Damore is right, you may not have to. He would be a great attorney, in Daytona, to consult on this and make sure that you don't have to register because your rights have been restored. If you were not adjudicated guilty, you also would not have to register.