Do all cars in my name require a breathalyzer?

Vancouver, WA |

I have had two DUIs in the past and am currently required to have a breathalyzer installed in my car. My teenage daughter starts driving soon and her car will be in my name. Does her car need to have a breathalyzer also since the car will be in my name?

The state of Washington Ionky requires the IID installed on all vehicles you drive, not all vehicles you own.

Follow the link below to the state's website.

Good Luck.

Every case and situation is different and vary greatly depending on specific facts. My posts are not to be considered complete answers to each question. My posts do not constitute an attorney/client relationship. I am only licensed to practice in the State of Florida and in federal courts. Florida Bar #337821, admitted 1982.

2. The same in Minnesota. Only the vehicles that you drive regardless of ownership.

3. You just need it in the car that you drive. If you need to drive a vehicle for work, you can probably get an exception for that. Assuming the car your daughter will drive is not also driven by you, that vehicle will not need one.

4. Only if you will be driving it at any time.

Scott W Lawrence
    (425) 488-8481 Office

5. You are only required to have the ignition interlock device installed in the car(s) you drive. You will only need the ignition interlock device in the car your daughter drives if you will be driving it as well.

DUI topics