Do all cars in my name require a breathalyzer?

Asked over 1 year ago - Vancouver, WA

I have had two DUIs in the past and am currently required to have a breathalyzer installed in my car. My teenage daughter starts driving soon and her car will be in my name. Does her car need to have a breathalyzer also since the car will be in my name?

1. Ryan C Witt

Pro

9

1

Answered . You just need it in the car that you drive. If you need to drive a vehicle for work, you can probably get an exception for that. Assuming the car your daughter will drive is not also driven by you, that vehicle will not need one.

2. Scott Weymouth Lawrence

7

1

Answered . Only if you will be driving it at any time.

Scott W Lawrence
    (425) 488-8481 Office

3. Jonathan Burton Blecher

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . The state of Washington Ionky requires the IID installed on all vehicles you drive, not all vehicles you own.

Follow the link below to the state's website.

Good Luck.

4. Tiffany Marie Archer

6

1

Answered . You are only required to have the ignition interlock device installed in the car(s) you drive. You will only need the ignition interlock device in the car your daughter drives if you will be driving it as well.

5. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

5

1

Answered . Just one

6. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

5

1

Answered . The same in Minnesota. Only the vehicles that you drive regardless of ownership.