Professional
legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

Do a plaintiff have to object to a defendant answer, in federal court

The defendant submit it's answer to my compliant, and in that answer it had language as barred in it, do I send in a pleading objecting to defendant answer/

Houston, TX -

James Donald Garrett

James Donald Garrett

Criminal Defense Attorney - Virginia Beach, VA

Is this a civil case? After the complaint and answer are filed, you should be able to file a response, but it's not required. If he filed a cross-complaint, you would want to file an answer to those new allegations.

Raymond George Wigell

Raymond George Wigell

Federal Crime Lawyer - Olympia Fields, IL

This appears to be a civil matter. This is not the correct forum for your question.

Christopher M. Patterson

Christopher M. Patterson

Federal Crime Lawyer - Lancaster, PA

I agree with my colleagues. This appears to be a civil matter. You should speak to a lawyer where the court that the lawsuit was filed is located.

Related Advice