Do a client have the right to file against a company or staff if their rights are validated?

Philadelphia, PA |

I have a client here at my job who feel she was validated when the head nurse called her job and disclosed her personal information to her coworkers and supervisor as to why she comes to us, how long telling of her medication she is on and speaking o her urine.

File a lawsuit? Sure, anyone can file a lawsuit. Can she win such a suit? None can say without knowing all the facts--and you posted very few. As a practical matter, unless she can show some damages, there will be very little she could recover financially. However, your state MAY have some privacy laws that MIGHT have been violated. She should have a chat with a PA attorney ASAP.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights