Do you have to be employed to maintain and renew your Employment Authorization Document?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

We are Indian citizens and our Employment Authorization Document (EAD) has been renewed until 2015. EAD is from my husband's employer.His I-140 document has been approved already.

Should he quit his job in a few months and remain unemployed for a bit, can we still (a) continue to maintain our EAD (b) renew our EAD when the time comes (2015)? What are the employment requirements for him to maintain his EAD?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

Answered . Husband must continue to be employed in the same or similar occupation for which he was originally petitioned.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Your husband must continue working full time in the same or similar occupational classification for which he was petitioned.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . How long has it been since the I-485 was filed?