Do i have a case when i get into wreck the police take me to jail rather than the ER

Reno, NV |

I have a lawyer in a case of wreck, at begain i gave 5 witness # numbers after 14 mo he could only get a hold of 1 witness to my case then 1 mo half he could not get a hold that witness no more, during all this time my lawyer is stateing to me that am not going to win my case and that reno, pd dont like me, police did not take me to the ER after the wreck,< do i have a case there> the person that hit me was not tested for a dui but i was the police report was all wrong the took 2 witneess statements out 5 and the 2 leid becuase they did not want to get in trouble for j- walking at time i was cuffed up sent to to jail on warrent that was misminder, the other driver went home w/out makeing a stateme

No. You do not have a case.

Answers submitted by this attorney posted on Avvo are not legal advice and under no circumstances form an attorney / client relationship with the party who submitted the question or subsequent readers or responders to the post. The attorney’s comments are informational only, not a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction specific to your situation. A reader of this attorney’s comments should never act on the information provided as legal advice and should always seek counsel in person from a licensed attorney in their jurisdiction. No two cases are ever exactly the same and the information provided here is not intended to cover every situation with similar facts. Without consulting with a client in person and reviewing the evidence in your case an attorney cannot adequately evaluate the unique facts of your case and provide you with the legal answer you need. Additionally, remember that the law varies between states and other countries and is always changing through actions of the courts and the Legislature. The comments submitted by this attorney are not intended to solicit clients for matters outside the State of Oregon and may be considered advertising by the Oregon State Bar Rules. The Law Office of Josh Lamborn, P.C. 820 SW 2nd Avenue, Suite 280 Portland, OR 97204 503-546-0461

A case for what? Personal injury? The answer to that question isbest given by someone that has reviewed our records and liability in your accident -- and that person should be a Nevada attorney.

Good luck to you.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Evidence in its broadest sense includes everything that is used to determine or demonstrate the truth of an assertion. Giving or procuring evidence is the process of using those things that are either (a) presumed to be true, or (b) were themselves proven via evidence, to demonstrate an assertion's truth. Evidence is the currency by which one fulfills the burden of proof.

Many issues surround evidence, making it the subject of much discussion and disagreement.
An important distinction in the field of evidence is that some circumstantial evidence and direct evidence, or evidence that suggests truth as opposed to evidence that directly proves truth. Many have seen this line to be less-than-clear and significant arguments have arisen over the difference.

The burden of proof is the burden of providing sufficient evidence to shift a conclusion from an oppositional opinion. Whoever does not carry the burden of proof carries the benefit of assumption. Whoever bears the burden of proof must present sufficient evidence to move the conclusion to their own position. The burden of proof must be fulfilled both by establishing positive evidence and negating oppositional evidence.
What do you think a jury will draw from what you have said in your ?????????

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes