DIY Divorce by publication in Alabama or file abandonment? absent since 9/2010 or annulment? Only married 7 months? HELP!

Huntsville, AL |

I need to divorce my estranged husband. I have not laid eyes on him since Sept 2010. We were only married 7 months. Is it easier to file DIY by publication, file for abandonment or try for an annulment. At this point I am looking at ALL options!

1. You have actually been married nearly 2 years. The length of your marriage is not affected by your cohabitation status. As so much time has gone by, your chances of getting an annulment have been decreased. The safer option is to divorce, but you will need to follow all legal requirements for service of process, which includes making reasonable, documented attempts to find your husband. You should at least consult with an attorney regarding local practice, so you don't waste time and money on a DIY project -- we attorneys often make far more money on botched DIY projects than if folks had retained us from the start, and some mistakes cannot be fixed at any price.

Responses are for general information purposes only, and are based on the extremely limited facts given. A consultation with an attorney experienced in the area of law(s) indicated in the question is highly recommended. Information and advice given here should not be relied upon for any final action or decision, as the information is limited by its nature to the question asked and the fact(s) presented in that question. THIS RESPONSE DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, particularly considering that the names of the parties are unknown.