Divorcing and the house is under both of our names. She opened new credit cards and phone behind my back.

Asked about 1 year ago - Cocoa, FL

House is underwater and she cant buy me out to get me off the mortgage. I don't want her to keep the house cause I'm unemployed and she is the primary bread winner so it would be hard for me to find another place to live. So can the house be sold even though she wants to keep it? Im also going to ask for alimony. She asked for divorce and didn't want to work anything out even though I did. She has opened 2 credit cards, got a new phone plan and has been carrying on with a new guy all behind my back while still married. So what are my options?

1. Brent Allan Rose

8

Answered . If you both don't agree on how to buy you out of the house, it gets sold and the equity gets split. That's called a "partition." I have no idea on whether you're entitled to alimony, since you haven't listed enough facts. Alimony mostly depends on whether you need it, whether she can afford to pay you, and how long you've been married, but there are many other factors to consider.

2. Carin Manders Constantine

Pro

7

Answered . You have so many options, we cannot even begin to explain them here.

3. William Charles Rosenfelt

Pro

6

Answered . Sir, your options are as wide as there are family law attorneys in the state of Florida. You really need to sit down with an attorney and give him or her all of the salient facts and get some direction in that manner. Way too broad for this forum. Good luck.

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

4. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

5

Answered . Best option is to hire an attorney who can thoroughly review your case and properly advise you as to all of these questions, issues and concerns.