Skip to main content

Divorcing ,How can I found out my soon to be ex husbands hide assets ?

Oakland, CA |

He save a lot of money everymonth and he changed his mail address and hide all the other documents few month ago, I guess he was planing something to hide the assets after marriage . Now I filed the divorce .Is there anyway he can hide ? How can I found out? If he not honest in the court will make him in trouble ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You will want to consult with a local divorce attorney to advise you to ensure you get everything (property, assets, etc.) that you deserve.

  2. If you are savvy with the civil procedure codes, then conducting the right "discovery" will uncover his assets. If you aren't savvy about how to do "discovery" then you need to contact an attorney to help you.

  3. There are many tools and mechanisms available to uncover hidden assets. You need to retain a competent experienced family law lawyer who can advocate for you. Records can be requested directly from your ex. If he does not cooperate he can be brought in to court and the court will order him to cooperate and sanction him. In addition your attorney will have the subpoena powers of the court and can directly obtain copies of financial records and documents from whomever he does business with including his employer and any various institutions, stock accounts, etc.

    If you have found this information helpful, please let the attorney know by marking best answer. Thank you. This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.