Divorced and stuck...I and the ex did a self divorce in may of 2010 and theres been a lot of changes from then till now...

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodbury, NJ

I need to show substance and perm indent change in circumstance in order to change things . I for one want to change my child support . The ex and I deviated off the guidelines and I screwed myself . But she was to remain in the home untill foreclosure or mortgage mediation took place . She moved out house is vacant and she lives with the kids and her new supporting husband and also has baby due in May . I need to show proof and don't know how . . .

1. David F Salvaggio

Pro

3

1

Answered . Under New Jersey law, Agreements between divorcing spouses as to child support are always subject to review and modification based on a showing of "changed circumstances." Good Family Law Attorneys are familiar with how to best make that showing. I recommend that you meet with a good Family Law Attorney and go over your situation in detail.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

1

1

Answered . At least go to a consultation with an attorney. Have him/her review prior judgments/orders. You will leave with a better understanding of how to proceed.

3. Bari Zell Weinberger

Pro

Answered . As the other attorneys have stated, certain provisions of agreements and court orders are always subject to modification based upon a change in circumstances from the time the issue was last addressed either by the parties or the Court. You would be best served by consulting with a Family Law attorney regarding your specific facts and circumstances. Please also take a look at the articles at the link below for more information.

4. Melissa A Fecak

Answered . I agree with other counsel that you should consult with an attorney to discuss your issues. A lay person like yourself may have difficulty demonstrating to the Court your change in circumstances. Also, you should be advised that her remarriage and having another person support her is usually not a reason to change child support. Her new spouse does not have a financial obligation towards your children. Also, her having another child may actually cause your child support to go up. An attorney can explain to you what the possibilities are so you know best how to proceed.

One or more answers have been taken down.