Divorced and my ex-husband won't pay his alimony or any bills

Tulsa, OK |

I was married for 8 years to man in the service. I didn't have a job as I stayed home to take care of the home and my children. We went in together and had our divorce papers drawn up together and he wanted to pay alimony, we signed for 1,200$ a month in alimony and 50/50 on the bills we had during our marriage. He hasn't paid any alimony and he lost his drivers license and I have his truck until he gets his licenses back and he got them within a week of me having the truck, now he don't want it back and hasn't paid on the truck and their going to repo it because I can't afford to pay my car payment and his all while not getting my alimony. I'm looking for work, but no luck, been divorced for 4 months. What do I do?

Gert an attorney first off. See if it's possible through court to get the truck and sell and use the proceeds toward the back alimony.

Carla Leann Harcourt

Carla Leann Harcourt

If you were represented during the divorce, contact your lawyer and asked that he/she file an application for contempt. You need a lawyer. The only remedy you have at this time is contempt.

Recommended articles about Divorce