Divorce time line

Asked over 1 year ago - Salinas, CA

How long can one drag divorce in California. The other party is not cooperating in interrogatories and I filed for bifurcation. He opposes with stupid reasons. It,s been over an year. Waiting for bifurcation hearing, if it is not granted how long can it go. Will I ever be divorced ..

1. Rocky Gene Ball Jr.

3

Answered . Every jurisdiction is different, but generally there are guidelines on how long until there must be a final jurisdiction, next time you in court set it for trial. File a motion to compel on the interrogatories.

2. Edna Carroll Straus

1

Answered . It can drag on indefinitely. you can ask fro a trial but they can still drag it out. the bifurcation will be granted.

3. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

1

Answered . The Court system here in Monterey works very quickly. His opposition to it, unless substantially harmful to him or the "marital community," is unlikely to be granted. However, as for the interrogatories, you would need to bring a motion to compel and ask for sanctions. If he does not cooperate on that, I usually file a motion to set aside his initial response and move for a default.