Divorce or not

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

my husband is a bully to me and to my kids, they are not his children. Almost everyday he teases in little ways, and when asked to stop he says he doesn't do anything and so he doesn't stop. we are seperated and have been for going on two years. He comes down every weekend and everytime its the same old thing. He never says he does anything wrong. To me its boarder line bullying. I most of the time can't stand it or him anymore, its a real problem. The reason I left him in the first place is because we got into an argument and he started to get physical with me in-front of my younger son, which he will say I started, so I left. What should I do? Is divorce in my near future with him? I have mentioned going to see a marriage counselor but he refuses to go. Says he does not have a problem.

Try classes on the male personality and attempt to flank him, or file for divorce. You made the chose to marry him, something must have been attractive and to drop him may not be in your interest.

Perhaps you and the children should enter counseling without him.

If the relationship is not working, then divorce is the only option in Texas. You live in the Houston area and there are many excellent family law attorneys listed on this website. So look around and select one to talk to about your particular situation. Many offer free consultations. You need to gather knowledge so that you can understand what is involved in a divorce. Since these children are not his then you will not receive any child support. You need to understand what monies you will receive if you file for divorce. You need a personal consultation with an attorney in order to know where you stand if and when you file for a divorce in the State of Texas.

Good luck!

Attorney Brochstein is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. If you found this answer "helpful" or "best answer", please select the button to show your appreciation. Please understand that this is not a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. You are strongly encouraged to consult with an attorney in your county in person about your specific problem.