Skip to main content

Divorce issue with 2 years green card

Swarthmore, PA |

I married my current wife in in 2011 and she received her 2 years green card in April 2012, meaning her 10 years green card will be issue in April 2013. We have two kids. Now, she is trying to divorce me. What are my options please?
Is there any way I can information immigration about her intention so she can not be issue a green card based on me (our so-called marry)? What become of the kids? she is not work at all

Is it possible that I can write a detail letter to immigration explaining her behaviors and why she is leaving me? (i.e. she is leaving me because she wants to put me on child support and that she now feels that she can obtain a green card no matter what the case)?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. She can still get a permanent green card. Your bigger issues will be custody and support. You should see an attorney about these issues fairly soon.

    Michael Kuldiner, Esq. (215) 942-2100. Our Practice is focused on Divorce, Custody and Real Estate matters in Bucks County, Montgomery County and Philadelphia. For more information visit our site. This response is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The response is intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between MIchael Kuldiner, Esquire and any party. The responses provided on this website are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. They are not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely on any information contained in these responses without first seeking the advice of an attorney.

  2. Immigration is only concerned with the validity of the marriage. It looks like the marriage was valid since you had two kids.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics