Divorce in florida.... My spouse refuse to go to parenting class ordered by the court!

Asked almost 2 years ago - Tampa, FL

I filed a default against my husband in the divorce petition. The judge began the final hearing but ran out of time.. the next hearing will be next week. She say she will address child support and parenting plan in the next hearing. However my husband has done He didn't do the parenting class that was ordered. Will that hinder me from getting the Divorce? Can the judge grant me the divorce even if he doesn't attend the parenting class? we got 2 minor kids

1. Brent Allan Rose

4

Answered . Technically, the statute says that no final judgment is to entered until both parents complete the parenting class. I've seen judges enter final judgments anyway, but you might consider filing a motion for contempt.

2. John Arthur Smitten

1

Answered . As long as you do everything required of you then you should be OK.

3. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

Answered . Most judges will allow the divorce and enter an order granting time to comply.