Divorce in florida.... My spouse refuse to go to parenting class ordered by the court!

Tampa, FL |

I filed a default against my husband in the divorce petition. The judge began the final hearing but ran out of time.. the next hearing will be next week. She say she will address child support and parenting plan in the next hearing. However my husband has done He didn't do the parenting class that was ordered. Will that hinder me from getting the Divorce? Can the judge grant me the divorce even if he doesn't attend the parenting class? we got 2 minor kids

Technically, the statute says that no final judgment is to entered until both parents complete the parenting class. I've seen judges enter final judgments anyway, but you might consider filing a motion for contempt.

The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy), and the answer should not be construed to constitute an attorney-client relationship. If you'd like actual legal advice, call me for a free consultation at 813-635-0222. Also, if you liked this answer as much as my big ego thinks you did, be sure to click the thumbs-up button!

As long as you do everything required of you then you should be OK.

Most judges will allow the divorce and enter an order granting time to comply.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE MARK IT SO. This information is provided by PEGGY M. RADDATZ, Attorney At Law as a pro bono service. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Recommended articles about Divorce