Divorce from another state.

Norwalk, CA |

I married young and was immediately deployed to Afghanistan. In the time I was in the states I was helping my spouse with legalization in the USA, she's a native of Mexico. When I returned from Afghanistan it came to my attention that she went wild! I have found pictures of her with other females and well the fact that she placed excuses to postpone the consummation of the marriage made it clear. She used me to help her get legalized and took advantage of the recent death of my father. I wish to divorce her ASAP I am now living in california and she resides in Georgia. Can anything be done and how much do I save up to pay you? Thank you for your time and patience to read.

1. Yes, you need to file for divorce as quickly as possible filing fee 435. I would recommend filing on grounds of fraud.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none, but many will offer a free consultation and a face to face meeting generally will be better, I like my clients to write a short one page history of the fact and questions they have prior to meeting with them, so nothing is forgotten.

2. Yes, you need to file for divorce as quickly as possible filing fee 435. I would recommend filing on grounds of fraud.

3. As long as you have a legal residence here in CA for at least 6 months prior to the filing of a divorce here in CA, you can file here. You need to talk to individual attorneys on their fees as we are not allowed to do this publicly. You could email or message any one of us privately.