Divorce Decree states alimony changes can only be made by court. Ex told ssi I'm 62. Do I have to file now.

Westland, MI |

He's 62 also. I'm to receive half of his retirement. I don't know that he has filed for retirement or not.

Sorry, It's spousal support. I'm unemployed. Does that make a difference?

1. If you want a change in your alimony, you will have to petition the court to review the matter. Be aware that after a hearing, the support could go up, down, be eliminated or stay the same. Consider consulting with a family law attorney before you do anything.

2. I would kindly but strongly recommend you have a Family Law lawyer review your Judgment of Divorce ("JOD") and analyze your and your ex's respective positions when the JOD was originally entered, and your respective positions now. Litigating spousal support issues can be extremely complex, so please ensure you consult with an attorney to assess your case strengths and weaknesses. I wish you all the best of luck. Warmest regards, Matt Catchick.

3. You have a right to his social security earning experience if the marriage was over ten years and can commence at 62 whether or not he commences collecting. I need more facts, to review the length of the. Marriage and the JoD. Call for an appointment.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .