Skip to main content

Divorce Decree Marital Property

Chicago, IL |

My wife was given one week to deliver the maritial property we agreed to split to my home. She has not delivered the property. What actions should I take?

Attorney Answers 2


If it is court ordered, you need to go back into court to have the Judge enforce his order.

Mark as helpful


The court has the authority to enforce the order to split the property. The way to get this in front of the court is to file a Petition for Rule to Show Cause and getting a calendar date for a hearing. The court will order the return of the property.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics