Divorce/custody: When filing to stay an order in order to appeal - I have three orders issued one day to appeal - can I make it

Brooklyn, NY |

divorce/custody: When filing to stay an order in order to appeal - I have three orders issued one day to appeal - can I make it appeal for three orders or do I have to make it three separate appeals?

If all of the orders are from the same case, you can put them all under the same appeal. You should engage the help of an attorney for this.

I am an attorney with over a decade of experience in Matrimonial and Family Law with offices in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I have experience in all five boroughs as well is Nassau and Suffolk County. The opinion expressed in this ad based upon the limited information provided and do not indicate an attorney-client relationship

First you should consider speaking with a local attorney about this action as appeals can be tricky. Second, yes if the orders arise from the same cause of action they can be on one appeal.

Yes, you can file 3 orders within one notice of appeal. Here's my question though: if the appeal is from a divorce case, are you also awaiting the judgment of divorce? If yes, then the appeal can & should be filed from the judgment, not the interim orders. Schedule a consult with a Divorce attorney in your area.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

Child custody topics