Divorce court in alameda county ca does court need the form 150 (income and expenses disclosure) to complete divorce process?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fremont, CA

Husband and wife have a separation agreement previously. wife wants to finalize divorce and advises that court dictates the form 150 must be filled out by husband in order to arrive at a settlement and complete divorce proceedings. Wife's lawyer also demands that the form 142 ( assets ) be filled out for his and wife's review but will not be revealed to court. Is this true?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. John Noah Kitta

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . That is correct. Your disclosure of assets and debts will not be filed with the Court.

    John N. Kitta

    This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client... more
  2. Tina Tran

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . The disclosure forms themselves are not filed with the court. However, the proof of service of all declarations of disclosure served must be filed with the court.

    Tina Tran, Esq. is licensed to practice law in the State of California. Please note that this answer does not... more
  3. Alisa Noel Kerr

    Contributor Level 3

    Answered . True. It is required to complete the divorce proceedings...one more hoop to jump through.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Divorce Court

Divorce court is where the divorce process takes place. The court may determine matters like alimony, child custody, and property division.

Avvo Staff

An Overview of Divorce Court Fees

Just as each state has its own requirements to successfully file for divorce, each state also has its own types of fees and rules for when they will be applied. You may find this overview... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,251 answers this week

2,889 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,251 answers this week

2,889 attorneys answering